Paris Peace Forum
Tax Inspectors Without Borders will be present at the
Paris Peace Forum
11 - 13 November 2018
La Grande Halle de la Villette
211 Avenue Jean Jaurès, 75019 Paris, France
The Paris Peace Forum was initiated by French President Emmanuel Macron to revive support for collective governance, international co-operation, norms and institutions that broaden the coalition for a more just and peaceful world. Conceived as an annual gathering of all actors of global governance, from states and international organizations to civil society, it features projects and initiatives meant at improving global governance in five key domains: peace and security, environment, development, new technologies and inclusive economy. The first edition of the Forum is set to be inaugurated on 11 November 2018 by dozens of Heads of State and Government invited to commemorate the fragile peace that followed World War I – until the world failed to defend common rules and international co-operation.
Invited guests are encouraged to visit the TIWB stand in the Inclusive Economy section of the Forum in order to learn more about how the initiative is supporting co-operation on tax matters and contributing to domestic resource mobilisation efforts in developing countries.
There will also be numerous debates taking place over the course of the Forum on topics pertaining to global governance. TIWB will feature under the "brainstorm" debate format. The brainstorms will enable the project leaders to gather advice from experts and the wider audience on how to tackle a specific challenge of their initiative. See below for more information on the debate or visit the main Forum website.
Brainstorm - fiscal erosion and tax Evasion: Connecting the Dots
Monday, 12 November 2018 from 16:15 to 17:00
Location: Mini Agora
The line between tax avoidance and tax evasion is rarely visible whereas the line from tax evasion to fiscal erosion is clear. Finance ministers connected the dots but struggle to draw the line. Join the brainstorm with our project leaders cracking down on tax evasion.
Featured project: Tax Inspectors Without Borders
- Abdoulaye MAR DIEYE - Assistant Secretary-General, Bureau for Policy and Programme Support, United Nations Development Programme
- Marlene PARKER - Chief Tax Counsel Tax Administration, Jamaica
- Pascal SAINT-AMANS - Director of the Centre for Tax Policy and Administration, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Satu SANTALA - Director-General for Development Policy, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Finland
- Monica BHATIA - Head of the Global Forum on Transparency and Exchange of Information, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development